THE GOSPEL OF HUMAN LIFE
Protecting and Supporting HUMAN LIFE from Conception to Natural Death. Blessed John Paul II tells us in his Encyclical on the Gospel of Life that “…life on earth is … a sacred reality entrusted to us, to be preserved with a sense of responsibility and brought to perfection in love and in the gift of ourselves to God and to our brothers and sisters.” Read the entire document: http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/john_paul_ii/encyclicals/documents/hf_jp-ii_enc_25031995_evangelium-vitae_en.html
A Message from Pope Francis…
Dear brothers and sisters, let us look to God as the God of Life, let us look to his law, to the Gospel message, as the way to freedom and life. The Living God sets us free! Let us say “Yes” to love and not selfishness. Let us say “Yes” to life and not death. Let us say “Yes” to freedom and not enslavement to the many idols of our time. In a word, let us say “Yes” to the God who is love, life and freedom, and who never disappoints (cf. 1 Jn 4:8; Jn 11:2;Jn 8:32); let us say “Yes” to the God who is the Living One and the Merciful One. Only faith in the Living God saves us: in the God who in Jesus Christ has given us his own life by the gift of the Holy Spirit and has made it possible to live as true sons and daughters of God through his mercy. This faith brings us freedom and happiness. Let us ask Mary, Mother of Life, to help us receive and bear constant witness to the “Gospel of Life”. Amen. http://www.familiam.org/pls/pcpf/v3_s2ew_consultazione.mostra_pagina?id_pagina=4840
How do I, a Ukrainian Catholic from the Eparchy of Saskatoon bear witness to the “Gospel of Life”?
- Be informed about the truth of our faith and reality of threats against Human Life in the world around us.
- Be ready to LIVE the message of LIFE and LOVE that we believe and profess—WALK THE TALK!.
- Be prepared to work for the cause of LIFE—get involved always ready to proclaim the truth with LOVE. Remember that often the greatest proponents of abortion are often the victims of abortion’s pain and deception. More than anything they need your steadfast dedication to Life along with your Love and prayers. Your action is required at every level.
- Remember the famous saying of Edmund Burke: “In order for evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing.”
- If you want more information or want to get more involved in support of LIFE, please contact the Family and Life Office: