ASSISTED SUICIDE AND EUTHANASIA
Bill C14 is now law.
To read full text of Bill C 14 please click here. However, it is still not too late to inform yourself on this issue and make your views know to your Member of Parliament and to the Prime Minister and Minister of Justice. Human Life is precious at every stage, we must protect vulnerable Canadians. Please continue to be informed and to speak to others, also be sure to have your own Advance Care Directive in place. Be sure to watch the locally produced videos on Finding the Gifts–with thought provoking themes on the value and dignity of human life. (Found on the sidebar to your left).
- Letter of the Saskatchewan Bishops on PAS
- To read the reaction of the Canadian Conference of Bishops to the passage of Bill C14 CCCB_statement_passage_Bill_C-14_-_EN
- Diocesan News Readings and reflections on this Life and Death Issue including an article on St. Joseph’s Home
- Catholic Organization for Life and Family: “Life Giving Love: A National Campaign for Palliative Care and Home Care and Against Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide”
- Finding the Gifts Website
- CCCB links on Assisted Suicide and Euthanasia — This site has up to date links and information from the Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops.
- Catholic Healthcare Alliance of Canada
- Catholic Healthcare Association of Saskatchewan—Page contains information on Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide from a Catholic Perspective
- Advance Care Directive based on Christian Faith–An Advance Care Directive based on Christian Values
- Letters from the Bishops
- CCCB Statement_on_assisted_suicide_-_september_2015_-_EN-
- Pastoral Letter of the Saskatchewan Bishops re Legalization of Assisted Suicide and Euthanasia
- Letter to The Honourable Peter MacKay, P.C., Q.C., M.P. May 20, 2015,
- 16-03-07 LETTER TO MPs on PAD Bulletin Edition–Bishop Bryan Bayda’s letter to Sask. MP’s and the PM
- Policy Statements from the Sask. College of Physicians and Surgeons:
Ways to Get Involved:
- “Not the Canada I want” and online petition from the Catholic Healthcare Association of Saskatchewan
- Declaration Against Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide
- Protection of Conscience
- Vulnerable Persons Standard
- Euthanasia Prevention Coalition